CannPal Appoints Head of Clinical Development and R&D
- CannPal adds to its management team by appointing animal health industry executive Dr Margaret Curtis as Head of Clinical Development and R&D
- Dr Curtis is a qualified veterinarian with 17 years’ of senior executive experience at global market leading animal health Company, Elanco (Eli Lilly)
- She will be responsible for managing the clinical development of CannPal’s cannabis-derived pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products
- Dr Curtis contributed to the development of global animal health products for Elanco (Eli Lilly) and gained approval for over 20 drugs in over 100 countries
- She has a strong track record for leading global teams across Australia, USA, Europe, Asia and Latin America
- Her experience with international regulatory authorities will significantly aid the Company in the development of cannabis-derived pharmaceuticals for global regulatory approval
Animal health company CannPal Animal Therapeutics Limited (ASX:CP1) (“CannPal” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr Margaret Curtis as Head of Clinical Development and R&D for the Company.
Dr Curtis has over 20 years’ experience in the animal health sector, with a proven track record for leading clinical research teams worldwide. She has directed research and regulatory projects resulting in first in class and best in class approvals of veterinary drugs for animals.
Prior to CannPal, Dr Curtis most recent role was as the U.S-based Director of Global Dairy Product Development at Elanco Animal Health (“Elanco”), a market leading animal health company and subsidiary of Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY). During her 20 years at Elanco, Dr Curtis held multiple director positions where she gained significant experience working with international regulatory authorities, gaining approval for over 20 drugs in over 100 countries.
She has extensive experience in clinical trial design and will work alongside Invetus Limited to manage the clinical development of CannPal’s cannabis-derived drug candidates.
Dr Curtis has led large-scale multicenter studies in compliance with regulatory authorities such as the European Medicine Agency (EMA), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) along with other agencies in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Japan and New Zealand.
The Company believes her international regulatory experience will significantly strengthen CannPal’s presence as a global pharmaceutical focused animal health Company.
In addition to overseeing CannPal’s pharmaceutical drug candidates, Dr Curtis will also be involved in the development of the Company’s nutraceutical pipeline which the Company intends to pursue in 2018. CannPal was recently granted a permit to possess and supply cannabis by the NSW State Department of Health and is scheduled to being clinical trials for the Company’s lead drug candidate, CPAT-01, in Q1 CY18.
Dr Curtis holds a PhD, a Master of Public Health, a Bachelor of Veterinary Science and credentials in clinical studies and food and law regulations.
On behalf of the Board and shareholders, I am delighted to welcome Dr Curtis as CannPal’s Head of Clinical Development and R&D.Her breadth of experience across research and regulations, commercialisation and product development for a Company such as Elanco makes her an invaluable addition to the team as we strive towards developing standardised and dosage-controlled cannabis-derived therapeutic products for companion animals.